Introduction to FAIR data
17 January 2024
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
This course is held in the Czech language.
Annotation: In this talk, we will introduce the research data lifecycle in the broader context of Open Science and the contemporary requirements of research funders for working with data. We will also present the FAIR principles and the implementation tools, including persistent identifiers. Finally, we will demonstrate data storage and sharing possibilities in academic institutions and the Czech e-infrastructure.
Benefits for participants what they will learn about:
- Different elements of the research data lifecycle.
- Different FAIR principles.
- Principles of data management and the tools that will enable them to implement them in their daily academic practice.
- The Czech e-infrastructure offers services for working with data.
- Types of persistent identifiers and their meaning and use in working with research data.
- The EOSC implementation activities in the Czech Republic and the opportunities this will bring for working with research data.
Level: beginner, intermediate, advanced
Prerequisites: Interest in FAIR data.
Tutor: RNDr. Michal Růžička, Ph.D.
Michal Růžička is a specialist in FAIR data from CERIT-SC of the Institute of Computer Science MU for Masaryk University. He is also the leader of the Core Services Working Group for implementing the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) in the Czech Republic. He focuses on comprehensive support for work with research data from planning to publication, including work with sensitive data, especially in the life sciences.